※Please note this session is a hybrid session meaning you can participate either in person or online. If you’d like to participate in person, please pre-register yourself here (Peatix). (For online participation, you can pre-register yourself in this page.)
Organizer：Founder Institute Japan, Openfor.co
Venue：CIC Tokyo（1 Chome-17-1 Toranomon, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0001 ）
Japan is a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, with a thriving startup ecosystem. Manufacturing is a critical industry in Japan, and with the rise of technology, we’re seeing an increasing number of startups in this space. In this hybrid interactive event, we will delve into the valuable insights on navigating the manufacturing startup landscape in Japan, from securing funding to scaling your business. We will also explore the challenges and opportunities of the manufacturing industry, and discuss the critical role of manufacturing startups in shaping the future.
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or interested in the world of manufacturing startups in Japan, join us and let’s explore the journey from concept to creation and the exciting possibilities that lie ahead together! After we finish with the session, we will also have a networking session with all the participants and speakers to broaden our connection in this ecosystem.
- Erdinc Ekinci, Co-Founder, and CEO of Openfor.co, Co-Director of Founder Institute Japan.
- Yu Li Shein, Co-Founder, and CEO of Openfor.co, Co-Director of Founder Institute Japan, CEO of Silicon Valley Branch of Global Innovation Consulting Inc.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs interested in starting a manufacturing business in Japan
- Current startup founders in the manufacturing industry in Japan who want to scale their business or learn more about securing funding
- Investors and venture capitalists who are interested in investing in manufacturing industry
- Professionals in the manufacturing industry in Japan who want to explore the startup landscape and learn about the opportunities and challenges facing the industry
- Anyone interested in learning more about the startup ecosystem in Japan and networking with like-minded individuals.
About the host organization:
- Founder Institute Japan (https://fi.co): The Founder Institute is the world’s most proven network to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses. Since 2009, our structured accelerator programs have helped over 6,000 entrepreneurs raise over $1.75BN in funding. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 95 countries, our mission is to empower communities of talented and motivated people to build impactful technology companies worldwide. Application for the 2023 cohort is now open. You can find more information and how to apply for Japan Chapter here (https://fi.co/japan)
- Openfor.co (https://www.openfor.co/): Openfor.co is a global B2B collaboration platform and marketplace with a growing network of 3000 companies from 20 different countries. We support people and organizations seeking growth, influence, and agility to build the next generation of products and services through building meaningful collaborations. We provide training, program development, collab marketplace and promotions for your business development and Go-To-Market goals.
- Dream Drive (http://www.dreamdrive.life): Dream Drive is bringing Vanlife to Japan, we build high quality campervans, Hand made in Japan, built to be tough and to age with character. Our campervans are available to buy throughout Japan via our dealer network or direct in Tokyo, reach out to find out about your closest dealer. Dream Drive also runs a rental business. Dream Drive was birthed with a goal to make Japan a premier camper destination connecting the amazing local areas, food and bathhouses with the freedom & comfort of our home on wheels.
- 株式会社3D Printing Corporation (https://www.3dpc.co.jp/): Our 3D Printing Corporation aims to transform the existing supply chains of traditional manufacturing industries through the use of 3D printing technology. We provide a comprehensive service from design and development to manufacturing, post-processing, and quality control for both metal and plastic materials. Additionally, we offer specialized and comprehensive services such as introducing suitable equipment, installation, repair, and maintenance support for individuals. We aim to contribute to the high added value of both domestic and foreign products utilizing 3D printing technology, shorten delivery times, and reduce costs. Our ultimate goal is to create a future where everyone can manufacture what they need anytime, anywhere, and continue to develop and grow.
- Speakers Introduction
- Panel Discussion
- Q&A From the audiences